t. 02 4464 1158
Berry Public School ( formerly known as Broughton Creek School) opened in June, 1860, with 47 pupils.
The school building was erected in Pulman Street and was also used by the Protestant churches. The building was later moved to Victoria Street where it was used as a bowling clubhouse. It still stands and is serving the community as the CWA hall.
The school was supported by David Berry, who supplied many of the necessary articles of furniture and apparatus. By 1879 there was still no school property separate from the Estate and after many proceedings David Berry donated two acres of land on the present site of the school. During 1884 a new building was erected and the present school was opened in 1888. This original building is now the school library.
Throughout the years, many fine traditions have been established. Berry Public School has a long tradition of academic and sporting excellence, participation in extra-curricular activities and community service. A close, co-operative relationship between the community and the school is an important feature.
In 2010, Berry Public proudly celebrated its 150th year of operation.
Today we have 297 students in 12 classes.